Advantages of Glass-based SiP & SoC designs
Our glass-based SiP/SoC design enable significant product differentiation. High-value system integration, combined with proven low-cost high-volume manufacturing, enables new product definitions in the SoC/SiP markets.
At the heart of our technology is the ability to manufacture precise through glass vias (on average around 60 microns in diameter) with micron-scale precision. This small TGV size, coupled with fine-line metal redistribution layers leads to the following benefits for our customers.
- Reduce chip size by 70% compared to PCBs
- Up to 50% reduction in power utility
- More than a 50% increase in wireless bandwidth
- Wide band applications ranging from DC to 100GHz
- Embed passive devices such as inductors into the package
- Minimize assembly costs
- 6 week production cycles speeds time to market
Glass-based SiP/SoC Applications
OEM glass-based System-in-Package (SiP) and System-on-Chip (SoC) devices are customized for specific applications:
- Telecommunication devices
- MEMS sensors
- Internet infrastructure components
- Integrated photonic components
- High-frequency, high-performance RF devices
Our APEX® Glass provides the highest systems-level integration of passive and active devices for SoC/SiP products compared to any other packaging technology in the market today.
|60µm diameter TGVs at 120µm pitch||Polished cross-section of Cu-filled TGVs||Power amplifier electronic package made in APEX® Glass|
SiP & SoC Case Study
SiP/SoC case study with a leading electronics provider to dramatically shrink a popular RF communications chip while improving overall device performance.