Glass-based RF SiP interposers allow you to offer significant product differentiation. Our proprietary APEX® Glass allows you to realize high-value system integration in the most compact footprint enabling you to meet even the most demanding product definitions for next generation RF and wireless products.
At the heart of our interposer technology is the ability to manufacture precise through glass vias (TGVs, 50 microns in diameter) for I/Os with tight metal redistribution line and spacing (<50 microns) with micron-scale precision. Additionally, the in-glass manufacturing of integrated passive devices (e.g. inductors & capacitors) enable advanced RF performance. These three factors lead to the following benefits for our customers.
- Reduce chip size by 70% compared to PCBs
- Up to 50% reduction in power utility
- More than a 50% increase in wireless bandwidth
- Wide band applications ranging from DC to 100GHz
- Embed passive devices (e.g. inductors, capacitors, baluns, antenna, etc.) into the package
- Minimize assembly costs
- 6-week production cycles speeds time to market
Custom Designs for RF SiP
3D Glass Solutions offers "build-to-print" glass-based RF SiP interposer devices that are customized for your specific product needs. Common applications include:
- Wireless handheld and infrastructure devices
- High-frequency, high-performance RF devices
- MEMS sensor packages
- Internet infrastructure components
- Integrated photonic components
Our APEX® Glass provides the highest systems-level integration of passive and active devices for your RF SiP products compared to any other packaging technology on the market today.
|Devices||RF front ends, ZigBee and other wireless modules, millimeter wave|
|Frequency Ranges||DC - 100GHz|
|IPD Filter Insertion Loss||Demonstrated <0.2 dB at 4GHz|
|Current Handling||>0.5 Amps|
|Connectors||SMT, flip-chip, wirebond|
|Compliance||ROHS compliant, Lead-free|