High Q-Factors and Low Insertion Loss Filters
Lumped Element RF/Microwave Filters from 3D Glass Solutions improve overall device performance by significantly improving RF system-in-package performance compared to silicon IPDs and planar IPDs on other glasses:
Our process produces full-3D structures by producing inductors and capacitors through the glass substrate. This provides our customers with the following benefits:
- High Q 3D inductors with Q>90 vs. silicon planar inductors with Q<30
- High Q 3D capacitors with Q>200 versus silicon planar capacitors with Q<100
- Easy and low-cost integration of shunt inductor and capacitor
- Affordable NRE costs
- Full feature product design kit (PDK)
- SMT and wire bonding solutions available
- Thinner than LTCC
- Lower cost than GaAs
- Higher frequencies than silicon; 5G capable
- Better performance than silicon IPDs and planar IPDs on other glasses
Filter performance is maximized while the volume and footprint are minimized because the technology enables dense integration of components into a single monolithic device with minimal interconnect parasitic effects.
Customers can design many filter variations:
- Band pass filters
- Diplexer filters
Packaging options are customizable to the application. Common packaging interconnects include SMT and wire bonded approaches.
|Devices||filters, band-pass filters, low-pass filters, high-pass filters, couplers, combiners/splitters, diplexers|
|Frequency Ranges||0.5 - 10 GHz|
|Filter Insertion Loss||Demonstrated
<0.2 dB at 4 GHz
|Current Handling||>5 watts|
|Compliance||ROHS compliant, Lead-free|
Embedded filter devices have been qualified through a variety of JEDEC and IPC testing standards, including vibration, shock, thermocycling, and moisture.
To learn more about how 3DGS can build your advanced filter products, please contact us.