Low Loss Antennas with Superior Dielectric and Loss Tangent Performance for Wide-Band or Millimeter Wave
Today's wireless communications and collision avoidance systems demand superior antenna performance with very low loss. This requires a support material with low Dielectric and Loss Tangent properties.
Our unique design and manufacturing capabilities enable antenna designers to generate radiative antenna structures with dielectric constants as low as 1.5.
Tailorable dielectric performance ranging from 1.5 to 6.4 is realized by integrating radiative metal patterns on a matrix of glass and air. Designs are optimized for Dk, loss tangent, and environmental durability in the field.
- Narrowband with high gain
- Broadband: from MHz to GHz in a single compact antenna
- Selective removal of glass structure for a configurable dielectric constant of 1.5 to 6.4
- Millimeter wave capable
- Build antenna elements with SMT connections for direct die attach to PCBs
- Integrate directly with other passive elements, such as bandpass filters, into monolithic sub-systems
- Integrate with 3DGS' low-loss transmission line technology into a complete RF front end package
- 5G Wireless at 28GHz Phased Array
- Dipole and sinuous antenna
- Radio Access Network (RAN) and CRAN
- 77GHz Automotive Radar Systems
- DVB-S and VSAT Terminals
- Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS)
- 60GHz Wireless Systems
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS)
- Advanced Defense, EW and SIGINT Systems
Single Element, Dual Element, MIMO, and Phased Arrays
Custom single element, dual element, MIMO, and phased arrays designs demonstrate robust performance. Microstrip and spiral antennas can also be generated in our proprietary APEX® Glass.
Advanced manufacturing processes in APEX® Glass enable:
- Micron-scale precision with metal features >20µm
- Thick metal for high power applications
- Integrated through glass vias for topside-to-backside interconnects such as Microstrip patch antennas and spiral antennas
- Selective removal of glass structure for a configurable dielectric constant of 1.5 - 6.4
- Robust shock and vibration tolerance
Antenna packaging is customer defined: may include SMT, probe-launched, or coplanar waveguide-launched.
To learn more about how 3DGS can build your advanced antenna products, please contact us.